Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me making a universal biometric lock system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariah1902

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! my name is Mariah and I am studying CSE as major. So I came here to talk about something that I have been thinking for a long time. I have two things in my mind. Please let me discuss them widely.

I want to build a system which will allow me to control every single component in my room with my voice. I know that it has already been made and we have adapters and plugins for Alexa which can be turned on by voice command. I want more such as every day I do not want to turn on or off the lights by myself, I want the device to do it automatically. Such as there would be a schedule which the device will follow and do things accordingly. I once tried making a device using LDR which will allow lights to turn off automatically in the morning. It worked but the problem occurred that my lights kept glowing the whole night which increased my electricity bill. From that day I turned it off. I therefore want to program the device in such a way so that it follows a certain command so that no extra electricity has to compromise. Can you guys tell me how can I do this ?. I guess it would require an android device in which I would input the schedule and make the device to follow it. I just want a plan and the exact things that I would require as I am a programmer I do not have much knowledge in electrical boards. I can do the coding but if it is possible give me a plan about the circuit that I would require for doing this. So I am briefly explaining the requirements.

The schedule will have 1. Turning on or off the lights and the fans in desired selected time. 2. Turning on the dim lights and the back lights of the tv with some dc lights to glow the room in the dark. 3. Turning on the tv with voice command.4. Automatically turning on the lights of the washroom whenever someone enters.
These are the few requirements that has to be programmed.

Now I am coming to my second though that I was hoping to do for a long time.
I want to use biometric system to create a lock that will be universal and would be capable of installing on anything that I would want to lock down. For example, every home requires a shoe cabinet to put shoes and the disadvantage of having this is that whenever people enters they have to come with their shoes and make the living room dirty.

The solution to this problem is simple that we keep the cabinet in the Hall, but we also afraid that the shoes can get stolen. there I came up with this plan that why dont we use biometric lock for this cabinet and enrol each family member's finger on it. The thing with key lock is that they are very slow to unlock and we lost keys. More over no one will use a key to unlock their shoes. Biometric would be the perfect solution for this hassle. We just have to keep out finger once and the lock will open and after put our shoes we just have to push the door of the cabinet and the lock will get unlocked again. This way we can easily put the shoes out in the hall and no one will be able to steal our shoes and also we can get out shoes in no time at all.

Now about the design I must say that the whole circuit should be inside the cabinet so that no one sees it and only the finger sensor should be outside in one corner. The position of the sensor should be in a way where people will not notice much.
There are some chinese phone which have excellent biometric sensors. I want to use them as they are very durable and I have watched some videos that they even work if you scratch them with sharp knives or even the sensors are dirty and what not. I was wondering these sensors are used in chinese phones so how can I make them operate for a new circuit.

So again I am telling you I have very little knowledge about circuits. So is it possible to use those biometric sensors for my use ?. Or I just have to use the local ones?. We can also use the device in any other situation such as in dressing table where children always mess things up and dust falls. So if we lock it down with a sensor, we can put a rounded glass shaped cover which will roll down after we put a finger on the sensor. I really did not have a perfect design on my mind, but I think it will work. Then there are many drawers which we need to lock but maintaining a key is too big a hassle so we just do nit lock them. Now with this device I guess all these problems will be solved. I just need a plan and a design of the circuit.

Also tell me whatever I planned will it work?. Please help me out over here. I have so many other plans that are roaming around on my mind but just these two are very important to accomplish. So if you guys have any idea how to build a biometric locking device and how they work. Please let me know. I am just a beginner so let me know anything. If my ideas are not that good and cannot be accomplished then let me know this also. I have done programming all my life and never really focused on the hardware part so much. Now this is giving me trouble. So that is the only reason I posted this in this forum so that I can get some help from you people. Please help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.