Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Momentum ports setup in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabrok

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a confusing with ports setup (assigning pins in layout to s-parameter ports) in momentum ADS 2011, how to properly set ports and assign pins for the following:
1. If I have to transmission lines between them component (transistor, resistor or capacitor)?
2. Input and output 50 ohm of the circuit?
3. How about the grounding, whether transistor grounding (source pin connected to the ground) or DC source ground?
4. How about the connection between TL DC biasing with the DC voltage source?

Thanks

Hi,
I have a confusing with ports setup (assigning pins in layout to s-parameter ports) in momentum ADS 2011, how to properly set ports and assign pins for the following:
1. If I have to transmission lines between them component (transistor, resistor or capacitor)?
2. Input and output 50 ohm of the circuit?
3. How about the grounding, whether transistor grounding (source pin connected to the ground) or DC source ground?
4. How about the connection between TL DC biasing with the DC voltage source?

Thanks

see the example of ADS layout momentum simulation. The 50oHm GND is implied.
sometimes you need to get back to schematic and load the layout for simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.