Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HF-24 Ultra-Violet Flame Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

imranahmed

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please let me know that I have UV flame detector HF-24.His datasheet shows two voltages ONE is Rated Voltage (24VDC) and SECOND is Working Voltage (15 ~ 30)VDC.

What is the difference between Rated Voltage and Working Voltage and
maximum switching current (250mA)?

I want to know what is the output of UV detector,is there VOLTAGE or CURRENT?

Please find attached the front and back side of UV Flame Detector.

HF-24_1.jpg
HF-24_2.jpg

Attachments

• HF-24 UV Flame Detector.pdf
    67.4 KB · Views: 88

You want to study the operation principle of Hochiki and similar smoke and fire detection systems. Essentially you have a bus line powered with current limited 24V DC and multiple detectors connected to it in parallel. If one sensor triggers an alarm, it pulls a high current (e.g. 50 to 150 mA) from the line.

Means if one sensor detects flame then all parallel connected detectors will energized and also triggers signal for alarm?

Can we obtain alarm signal from its (HF-24) output terminals by connecting shunt resistor of 2k or 3.9k?

- - - Updated - - -

Means if one sensor detects flame then all parallel connected detectors will energized and also triggers signal for alarm?

Can we obtain alarm signal from its (HF-24) output terminals by connecting shunt resistor of 2k or 3.9k?

OUTPUT SIGNAL as a VOLTAGE?

Last edited:

Not sure what you consider as shunt resistor? The detector is a two terminal device, it has no separate output terminals.

My question was that what will be the output of flame detector Current or Voltage?

And at long distance how the signal will be transmit as datasheet says Maximum Alarm Switching Current is 250mA.

You will have to ask the manufacturer.

Most devices like this use three wires, two are the supply, the third 'switched' wire is linked to all the other detectors in parallel. The idea is that if one detector senses a flame it operates the alarm on all of them so it is heard over a greater distance. However, the specification in the link does not mention it has a built-in alarm at all so it may use a custom interface designed by Hochiki. It only states it is compatible with their other bases.

Brian.

Why not review the Hochiki product manuals and installation instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back