Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I/Q baseband Modulator Demodulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan012

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I want to understand I/Q modulation and demodulation process. I want to module a 10MHz bit stream (each bit has 100 nsec duration). Bit stream is in the form of 0 and 1. I want to perform BPSK.

How can i convert it to i/q base-band? What is the significance of I/Q modulation and demodulation?

Regards

hi,

I want to understand I/Q modulation and demodulation process. I want to module a 10MHz bit stream (each bit has 100 nsec duration). Bit stream is in the form of 0 and 1. I want to perform BPSK.

How can i convert it to i/q base-band? What is the significance of I/Q modulation and demodulation?

Regards

this technique is quite popularly used in bandpass modulation in Digital communication, you need to take a look at "Digital Communication book" (maybe chapter 4) from Prof. SKLAR first, then go further to mod/demo circuit later

BPSK doesn't involve quadrature modulation, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-shift_keying

In this case I/Q-modulation is overkill, but I think it can be used to create any modulation.
BPSK is easy to do, just set Q=0 and change I between +1 and -1 according to the data bits.
A more complex example is SSB, which is possible but not trivial to do with I/Q-modulation. The modulation signal must be transformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back