Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD 16*2 Data Sequence Flow chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan174

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good evening to all

I am not speaking about code I want to understand communication between MCU and LCD how does microcontroller send data to LCD so I made one flow chart that explain my understanding

I have attached PDF file and I am looking advice with my flow chart

Attachments

• LCD Data sequence.pdf
    183.5 KB · Views: 94

Have a look on datasheet pinout waveforms of the LCD you are talking about (presumably based on the HD7780 chipset) and you will have a better understanding of the whole process, it just describes what the above flowchart depitcs for example for the writing command:

waveform.png

Reactions: Fan174

Fan174

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Have a look on datasheet pinout waveforms of the LCD you are talking about (presumably based on the HD7780 chipset) and you will have a better understanding of the whole process, it just describes what the above flowchart depitcs for example for the writing command:

View attachment 156852

RS=0; // Select the Command Register by pulling RS LOW
RW=0; // Select the Write Operation by pulling RW LOW
EN=1; // Send a High-to-Low Pusle at Enable Pin
Wait = 450 ;

EN=1; // Send a High-to-Low Pusle at Enable Pin
Confusing description. Actually E is pulsed high for Pweh >= 450 ns.

E is pulsed for each byte read from or written to the LCD controller. In so far I don't understand why it's described only as prepare action in your diagram.

Reactions: Fan174

Fan174

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Confusing description. Actually E is pulsed high for Pweh >= 450 ns.

In so far I don't understand why it's described only as prepare action in your diagram.

What it should be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.