Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timestep too small error in proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijayece19

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ISIS Release 8.09.00 (Build 27865) (C) Labcenter Electronics 1990- 2019.
Bidirectional circuit timestep too small error
[SPICE] transient GMIN stepping at time=8.40648e-006
[SPICE] transient GMIN stepping at time=8.40648e-006
[SPICE] TRAN: Timestep too small; timestep = 1.25e-019: trouble with instance D30.

Attachments

• bidirectonalckt2.doc
    684.5 KB · Views: 217

timestep = 1.25e-019

No doubt small describes this length of timestep. Try a larger figure on a par with your other time steps (they're in the realm of microseconds).

Perhaps your circuit has a pulse generator? Whatever its frequency, try setting a timestep so a hundred or a thousand timesteps fit into one cycle.

No doubt small describes this length of timestep. Try a larger figure on a par with your other time steps (they're in the realm of microseconds).

Perhaps your circuit has a pulse generator? Whatever its frequency, try setting a timestep so a hundred or a thousand timesteps fit into one cycle.

Thanks for the response . Could you please suggest how to increase time step in the circuit. Whether i need to modify the rise time and fall time of pulse generator
or i need to increase the rise time and fall time of pulse

Options to change timestep should be somewhere in the top menu. Or a pop-down menu, etc. (I don't know specifically about the software you mention.)
Or a remote possibility you'd open the spice netlist in a text editor, and change timestep directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back