Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bilinear switched capacitor resistor equivalent resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenso

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to find the equivalent resistance of the following circuit in baker's book.

Capture.PNG

How do you get the factor of 4 in the denominator? I am trying to get the answer by using the principle of transfer of charge and conservation of charge like in the case below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched_capacitor#The_switched-capacitor_resistor

we can assume that the voltage on the left side of cap is Vin and on the right Vout.

during phi1 voltage across the cap is V1-V2 and during phi2 voltage across cap is V2-V1. So shouldn't delta q be 2C(V1-V2)?

so shouldn't the answer be 1/2Cf ?

The capacitor is charging from -ΔV to +ΔV in phase 1 and back in phase 2, total q = 4CΔV.

The capacitor is charging from -ΔV to +ΔV in phase 1 and back in phase 2, total q = 4CΔV.

This is not clear.

Let say the voltage at left side is V1 and on the right V2.

When s1 is closed the voltage across C is V1-V2. The charge of C is C(V1-V2). Now s1 is opened and s2 is closed. The voltage across C is V2-V1 and the charge on it is C(V2-V1). So the charge transferred out of the capacitor should be C (V1-V2) - C (V2-V1) is 2C(V1-V2). Why is this quantity 2C(V1-V2) multiplied by 2 again?

Charge is transferred to the output also when s1 is closed. What you describe happens 2 times per clock cycle.

Reactions: tenso

tenso

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
So I had one more question, what would be the expression output equivalent resistance for the following switched capacitor circuit. Here V2 is connected to gnd during phi2.

V5xQiE9 - Imgur.png

Status
Not open for further replies.