Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Simulation of Circuit -Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

swadesh07

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Capture1.JPG

I need some help to design this circuit in ADS and reproduce the corresponding S parameter graph. FET model is NE3210S01. I have tried multiple times but not getting the result. VDD =0.4 V. I_DD=30 ma.

For linear simulation use S-Parameter model (S2P) of that transistor for that operating point. Do not use the nonlinear model.

Missing drain inductor, wrong width of bias line

If you want to do nonlinear analysis, see ADS help. And check transistor model parameters. Also check your bias and DC operating point. Your 0.4V supply voltage looks wrong, there seems to be a misunderstanding bias voltage in the paper.

Last edited:

Your Nonlinear model is not correct and this transistor is obsolete.
If I were you, I use more recent part ( CE3512K2) for its equivalent and request nonlinear model from Modelithics.If you're a student, Modelithics will probably supply quite accurate model of this transistor so you will able to do your simulations in a certainty.

For linear simulation use S-Parameter model (S2P) of that transistor for that operating point. Do not use the nonlinear model.

Missing drain inductor, wrong width of bias line

If you want to do nonlinear analysis, see ADS help. And check transistor model parameters. Also check your bias and DC operating point. Your 0.4V supply voltage looks wrong, there seems to be a misunderstanding bias voltage in the paper.

As I am new at ADS software, so my questions may seem line very beginner level.

1. ADS doesn't have the S parameter model of this transistor probably. Any document or reference guideline for this kind of design would be helpful.
2. How to find out what should be exact bias voltage, authors didn't reply.
3. I am supposed to model this circuit and produce exact graph before simulating in different freq. Any suggestion or guideline would be very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your reply. How to solve or fix my nonlinear design model? Yes, CE3512K2 can be an option. Any reference document or guideline for nonlinear modelling in ADS?

Thanks

Your Nonlinear model is not correct and this transistor is obsolete.
If I were you, I use more recent part ( CE3512K2) for its equivalent and request nonlinear model from Modelithics.If you're a student, Modelithics will probably supply quite accurate model of this transistor so you will able to do your simulations in a certainty.

I have already requested to modelithics for this non linear model of this FET. Any reference document or guideline for this kind of circuit design woul be really helpful.

1. ADS doesn't have the S parameter model of this transistor probably. Any document or reference guideline for this kind of design would be helpful.

There are many examples included with ADS.
Start with examples on S-parameter simulation (linear simulation, S-parameter models at one specific operating point, no bias or supply voltage required in simulation)

Also search for "ads circuit design cookbook"

2. How to find out what should be exact bias voltage, authors didn't reply.

Authors specify 30mA drain current, set the gate voltage as required for 30mA. Use voltage and current probe in ADS. There is also a DC curve tracer template in ADS.

But that is for non-linear simulation. Make sure to understand linear (S-parameter) simulation where the S2P transistor model has built-in the response at one specific bias. We don't need bias or supply sources in linear simulation with "S-Paramter simulation" controller.

3. I am supposed to model this circuit and produce exact graph before simulating in different freq. Any suggestion or guideline would be very helpful.

From 20 years experience in simulation: It often happens that published simulation results cannot be reproduced because some detail in the paper is wrong or missing (by mistake or on purpose).

There are many examples included with ADS.
Start with examples on S-parameter simulation (linear simulation, S-parameter models at one specific operating point, no bias or supply voltage required in simulation)

Also search for "ads circuit design cookbook"

Authors specify 30mA drain current, set the gate voltage as required for 30mA. Use voltage and current probe in ADS. There is also a DC curve tracer template in ADS.

But that is for non-linear simulation. Make sure to understand linear (S-parameter) simulation where the S2P transistor model has built-in the response at one specific bias. We don't need bias or supply sources in linear simulation with "S-Paramter simulation" controller.

From 20 years experience in simulation: It often happens that published simulation results cannot be reproduced because some detail in the paper is wrong or missing (by mistake or on purpose).

Thank you very much for your guidance and help. I will follow those steps and inform here my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back