Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1.5kw DC to DC Boost Converter Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes
output diodes, on my secondary side of transformer of the bridge rectifier?

output diodes are typically those diode on the output side of the transformer ...

Mosfets got burnt again after connecting snubber circuit.

I have all the mosfets on a large heat sink and all of them insolated with mica from the heat sink, but after putting the snubbers on they did Not even run to get hot. It's almost like they just shorted or got shoot through. I think the ringing I'm worried about is not to bad without the snubbers.
I've had it running like that for a while on 800 to 1000 watt and everything was looking normal. Heat sink got up to 45 degrees Celsius.
I'll post another scope reading once I have it running to see if I should be worried.

Mica and thermal paste is not rated for more than 100V, so check the insulation to the heat-sink in case you knocked it and things got shorted out ...

- - - Updated - - -

Also check the snubber ckt is connected from Drain to Source ( not gate ) --/\/\/\/\-----|| ---- in series ...

and that the snubber caps are rated high enough in volts - and the resistors are big enough not to go short ...

IMG_3984.jpg
This is what I meant with the ringing, and should I add snubbers to this.

I wouldn't worry about that too much - - is that the gate drive ... ?

OK - it's pretty ugly gate drive - but cannot say more without a schematic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.