Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flow of Current in IGBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.man

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
I want to know about the operating of IGBT. Does it is same as i mentioned in diagram or this will not be the scenario
IGBT # is 10-FY12NMA160SH01-M820F18

IGBT-1.pngIGBT-2.png
if not then what would be the flow?

Thanks and best regards

current path through IGBTs looks ok

OK fine. now the scenario is that i am reverse engineering an circuit, its circuit is something like
IGBT-3.jpg
The portion which i have marked Red are short. Now how does this works? any idea

Hi,

"Short" in the schematic or in the real circuit?

* in the schematic: Only where a dot is, there is a connection. Where no dot is, there is no connection. Thus within your red box there are two independent output signals.
* in the real circuit: How did you measure it? What measurement tool? With load connected?

Klaus

Do you understand MNPC topology? Do you understand the purpose of split output feature?

https://www.vincotech.com/fileadmin...tech_10-xY12NMA160SH01-M820F18x_FD-Rev_02.pdf

What kind of circuit are you evaluating? I'd expect the split outputs bridged by small inductors outside the module, see datasheet figure 10, in so far they may appear as shorted. The module may be also used in classical MNPC configuration by shorting the split outputs.

The current path sketched in post #1 seems to involve a misunderstanding of the topology, I think. The load is not connected between the split outputs.

hi
in the real circuit: How did you measure it? What measurement tool? With load connected?

I can see clearly from the PCB that these points are short.
IGBT-4.jpg
Do you understand MNPC topology? Do you understand the purpose of split output feature?

No

What kind of circuit are you evaluating?
Basically i have a damaged 50KW Three Phase On-Grid Inverter and just seeing what is the circuit and how does it works for my knowledge.
I have seen all the circuit and understand it but this portion i am unable to understand.

Thanks and best regards

Hi,

I can see clearly from the PCB that these points are short.
I can´t see nothing special. It´s like the schematic shows. And I think it´s correct thay it is done. Nothing to worry about.

But I can´t see what´s worrying you. Your informations are too vague.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.