+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Newbie level 4
    Points: 73, Level: 1

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    8
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    73
    Level
    1

    ADS schematic to layout

    Hello ,

    how to generate proper layout from this schematic ? i need to make layout so i can export the gerber file.

    Note : Both are the same just rearranged.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1style.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	156729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ndstyle.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	156730

    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  2. #2
    Advanced Member level 5
    Points: 14,463, Level: 29

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,261
    Helped
    904 / 904
    Points
    14,463
    Level
    29

    Re: ADS schematic to layout

    Quote Originally Posted by Nighty123 View Post
    how to generate proper layout from this schematic ? i need to make layout so i can export the gerber file.
    This has been asked by other students working on the same topic many times before: It is not possible because you have zero layout information in your design.

    If you want to do the layout in ADS, you need to use components model with associated footprints. This can be a component library like Murata, or components from palette "Lumped-With Artwork".

    Or use any other PCB package, the circuit is trivial enough and interconnect routing must be done manually anyway.



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  3. #3
    Newbie level 4
    Points: 73, Level: 1

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    8
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    73
    Level
    1

    Re: ADS schematic to layout

    Thanks sir for your reply,
    what do you mean by other PCB package ? do you mean other software like eagle,kicad...etc ?
    also is it possible to make the layout manually by putting transmission line between each lumped component or it's useless ?



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  4. #4
    Advanced Member level 5
    Points: 30,757, Level: 42
    BigBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    4,512
    Helped
    1359 / 1359
    Points
    30,757
    Level
    42

    Re: ADS schematic to layout

    Are you sure that you will able to find HSMS2850 Schottky Detector Diodes ?? They are obsolete coming form HP days..



  5. #5
    Advanced Member level 5
    Points: 14,463, Level: 29

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,261
    Helped
    904 / 904
    Points
    14,463
    Level
    29

    Re: ADS schematic to layout

    Quote Originally Posted by Nighty123 View Post
    what do you mean by other PCB package ? do you mean other software like eagle,kicad...etc ?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Nighty123 View Post
    also is it possible to make the layout manually by putting transmission line between each lumped component or it's useless ?
    Yes, that is the RF engineer's use of ADS, to include these elements in simulation (!) to see their effect on simulation results (!) and then create that (!) layout.



  6. #6
    Newbie level 4
    Points: 73, Level: 1

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    8
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    73
    Level
    1

    Re: ADS schematic to layout

    Thanks for you concern sir, but i have them already



    •   AltAdvertisement

        
       

  7. #7
    Newbie level 4
    Points: 73, Level: 1

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    8
    Helped
    0 / 0
    Points
    73
    Level
    1

    Re: ADS schematic to layout

    Quote Originally Posted by volker@muehlhaus View Post



    Yes, that is the RF engineer's use of ADS, to include these elements in simulation (!) to see their effect on simulation results (!) and then create that (!) layout.
    so what should i do now is include TL and see the results on ADS then i move to another PCB software to be able to make the gerber file.



--[[ ]]--