Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming 328P with XPLAINED Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
After removing the onboard ATmega328 or cutting some of its ISP traces.

You did not specify what toolset you are using to compile/develop your program, but if it were Arduino (which I assume being not the case), you could write the "Arduino as ISP" demo code that allows you to turn an Arduino board into a programmer to a second board.

I don't have an Arduino. If I were to remove resistors R110-R113 on the XPLAINED mini board, would I be able to connect the signals to the relevant pins on the IC I am trying to program on it's own PCB? Is power also required in addition to the ISP signals to program?

Hi,

Is power also required in addition to the ISP signals to program?
This is not a serious question, is it?

Electronics without power does not work.

In doubt consult the datasheet.

Klaus

Hi,

This is not a serious question, is it?

Electronics without power does not work.

In doubt consult the datasheet.

Klaus

What I meant is whether power to the IC to be programmed would be supplied via the programmer. It seems that if I were using the XPLAINED mini board, I would need to supply power separately.

Hi,

If you wire VCC, then the target will be supplied.

But for sure it has limited power drive capability. For a single IC this would be OK, but nobody knows how much your whole application draws.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.