Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ACS710 - pin 1 to 8 is shorted all together

Status
Not open for further replies.

khvmaths

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi board members! I have recently build a circuit to 'sense current' of a Li-Ion Battery using ACS710. But, upon done wiring on perfboard, i found that all pin 1 - 8 is shorted together, is it normal? AFAIK, pin 1-4 is shorted for I+ while pin 5-8 is shorted for I-, but continuity test for pin 1 and 8 shown shorted.

They are internally connected together through a copper loop so they should measure as shorted.
The load current (or a proportion of it) passes through those pins and the internal circuits measure the voltage dropped between them. The voltage drop is proportional to the load current and it is this that gives the measurement at the output pin.

Note that perfboard is not a good construction method, even for prototyping, in this kind of application.

Brian.

Hi,

I assume the datasheet tells you the expectable resistance.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.