Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

QMTECH Xilinx FPGA Artix7 Artix-7 Development Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingDutch

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,

I would like to ask for opinion. For some time I am looking for cheap FPGA board with big number of "logic cells" and "DSP blocks". I do not need very high clock frequency and super speed comunication capabilities. I think "bigger" represenstant of Artix-7 or Spartan7 families would be enough. I am experimenting with some kind of vector coprocessor and 16-bit floating-point arithmetic. For that purpose I need a FPGA with many resources like LUTs, multiplayers and DSP blocks.

I find such FPGA board in Aliexpress.com internet shop:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000170042795.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1bbc3a488cWayC&algo_pvid=b8e2d6de-11a7-4045-be1d-dc82c5229b85&algo_expid=b8e2d6de-11a7-4045-be1d-dc82c5229b85-3&btsid=39edaf33-09cc-4522-882b-0168a91a733d&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4,searchweb201603_55

This is FPGA board based on Artix-7 (XC7A100T) FPGA chip. It costs US $ 99.90. The XC7A100T-2FGG676I ICs has 101,440 logic cells.

I would like to ask if somebody has any expierience with QMTECH company and theirs products. I had never been buying something in Aliexpress.com (I even haven't account in this shop), but I heard that this is trustworthy internet shop. Could somebody give me a hint or advice if buying this board is a good idea?

TIA

I am skeptical of buying such high end stuff from Aliexpress. I do use aliexpress now and then, but for simple products such as a cover for my smartphone.

However the seller's feedback is good there.

I told that I am 'skeptical'. It is a personal feeling.
Sorry, I don't have data to speak on advantages and disadvantages.

Moreover your country could levy import taxes on electronic products (when the amount crosses a certain limit). So check that out.
(If I buy an FPGA board from Digilent USA and make it ship to Germany, I have to pay some euros extra as tax, which I don't need to pay if I buy the same board from Digilent German website).

Moreover your country could levy import taxes on electronic products (when the amount crosses a certain limit).

Hello,

this is unfortunately true and I am afraid of such taxes :|

Thanks for opinion and regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back