Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD and DFplayer working simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

muphy

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have separate codes.
1) for displaying data on 16*2 LCD which is shifting at 0.5 seconds
2) another code for playing songs on DFplayer (2 minutes song whic plays when I press a button)

I want to play the song and the text on the LCD to be shifting at the same time.

How do I do that. bec the code waits till the song is being played by the dfplayer.

you have not included the overall code structure.
One reason can be that the DFplayer code may contain a wait like routine which returns only after player started.

Hi,

Use interrupts. That's why they are invented.
It should be no problem to control the display shift in an ISR.

There are many tutorials how to use interrupts. I'm sure there are a lot of examples with displays.

Klaus

thanks a lot for the help. I found out that dfplayer works on serial port so one just have to give commands to play an audio and then the main code runs as usual. I need to write the logic to see if the song has finished playing before playing another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back