Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steady State average Voltage Simulation in LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolgaleb

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to simulate the boost converter in the attached file and find the steady state average voltage, current, and power at different points in the circuit. After completing the transient simulation, I plot the voltage waveform including the transient portion and then zoom in in the steady state portion of it and do CTRL-(click on the variable in the plot) to get the average value of the voltage. However, when I submit my responses on-line for a class that I am taking, they are all incorrect.

Is there a special procedure for simulating the steady state average voltage or current in LTSpice? For example, my steady state average output voltage is 40.128 V and the steady state average current in the inductor is 3.5353 A.

Attachments

• boost.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 149

Mostly you're interested in Ampere levels through various components.
To measure DC current in a wire, install a low ohm resistor (sense resistor). Across it attach a series RC network. This smooths readings across the sense resistor. Select small C, large R, so that you get stable voltage across C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back