Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRV8874 OrCAD PSpice Simulation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawdog

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
long story short: making pwm motor driver circuit for as apart of my senior design project, trying to get TI's DRV8874 transient model to simulate inside of orcad. I believe I followed all of the info in the data sheet and it's not reacting to anything. Also, im fairly sure i imported the model correctly, imported the orcad file then tied library file to it too then in the simulation settings added the lib file to the configuration settings. I've attached some pictures. Im at my wits end trying to get this thing to work and i would really appreciate any help.

Capture.PNGgraph.PNG

Ground PH_IN2 pin.
Keep EN_IN1 connected to V6.
Do the simulation.

Ground PH_IN2 pin.
Keep EN_IN1 connected to V6.
Do the simulation.

still getting approx 0 amps at the output pin. this is beyond frustrating

Hi,

How do the voltages OUT1 and OUT2 look like in the scope view?

Klaus

Hi,

How do the voltages OUT1 and OUT2 look like in the scope view?

Klaus

its just 24v, the motor voltage Vm. Maybe my model is messed up or i didnt configure right? if the parameters seem correct i should be getting some change in signal i believe?help3.PNG

What's your PSpice version? Does it support the encrypted TI model?

What's your PSpice version? Does it support the encrypted TI model?

Im using 17.2 and I'm not 100% sure its compatible with this version I'm just assuming it is, i got it from TI's website page for the chip.

BUT, someone suggested driving nSLEEP with a rising edge since the current chopping mode is latched on an edge. So the model is waking up after 1ms which is what the data sheet says for t-wake. Maybe all the i/o needs to be driven with a rising edge? not sure, but barely getting any current still tho

https://imgur.com/a/ykyrgxK

nSLEEP need not be a pulse in PWM mode.
just keep at high for normal operating mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back