Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tda7052a audio amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

musmusa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how do i determine the potentiometer value ? im doing a audio amplifier using tda07052a.

circuit.jpg

Hi,

Every device has a datasheet. The datasheet tells you all you need to know to get the device working properly.

In your case: page8, Fig7.
Check wiring and value.

Klaus

The TDA7052A is obsolete and is not made anymore. Its datasheet shows that it is always muted when pin 4 is grounded like in your schematic.

Hi,

Every device has a datasheet. The datasheet tells you all you need to know to get the device working properly.

In your case: page8, Fig7.
Check wiring and value.

Klaus

So am i right to say that when i push the switch to 5v it will charge the transistor and u can change to voltage through the potentiometer for volume control and mute?

First thing to check is whether you really have a controllable volume at all. There are three type of TDA7052, the original with no letter at the end does not have electronic volume control at all. SOME of the ones marked 'A' at the end have it, some do not. ALL the ones with a 'B' at the end do have volume control.
So am i right to say that when i push the switch to 5v it will charge the transistor and u can change to voltage through the potentiometer for volume control and mute?
If you are saying does biasing a transistor into conduction and wiring it in series with the volume control make that control work? The answer is yes but bear in mind that IC gives more volume when the voltage on pin 4 is higher. If you disconnect the bottom of the control it will go to maximum gain. If you intend to use the transistor to mute the audio, it should be wired across the volume control so it 'shorts it out' when the transistor conducts.

Brian.

Hi,

With your wrong wiring of the pot ... the pot is useless... you may turn it as you like, but it won´t change volume.

--> correct your circuit.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.