Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Impedance of Z(1,1) is not 50 ohm in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalinekavitha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i have designed the 3D spiral coil using HFSS and terminated it with 50 ohm impedance using single Lumped port. But the data table of Z(1,1) shows resistance value in terms of milliohms. What changes should be made to get correct values of resistance and inductance? How to obtain proper S11 at 10MHZ?

Attachments

• datatable.JPG
    datatable.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 178

Looking at your screenshot, I suspect that you have a metal object in parallel to your lumped port.

I'm not an HFSS user, but in all my EM tools a lumped port is between the metals, and looks like a port (not like a metal).

nodummy.PNG

inductor_3D_1port_detail.PNG

Last edited:
make sure you converge for very low deltas. better even look at the variation of z11 rather than S. something like delta s of 0.002 may be better for inductor. if results are far off, something is wrong with geometry..

make sure you converge for very low deltas. better even look at the variation of z11 rather than S. something like delta s of 0.002 may be better for inductor. if results are far off, something is wrong with geometry..

Hi.. thanks for your prompt response.

Hi Volker.. thanks for your valuable suggestion. I have defined the port between terminals using rectangular sheet. The data table shows some non-zero values. Let me check with that values.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 201
  • datatable1.JPG
    datatable1.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 194

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor