Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet or Replacement for IC 2003 - BA234980509H

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamadiss

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have an ATX power supply and it has a chip with the marking "2003 - BA234980509H". It not work at all.. even the fan not start. I replace al the electrolytic cap and I check all the resistors but nothing and also I replace all the transistors. I suspect that this chip is the problem because I think this produces the PWM pulses. I can't find any datasheet for this or some information or a replacement. Please does anyone knows something or have a solution to suggest me?

Devices starting with 'BA' are usually manufactured by Rohm.
0509 could be a date code - week 05 of 2009.
Can you post a photograph of the IC so we can see the part number, style of print and maybe a logo.

Brian.

I can't see any logo on chip. I hope this photo will help.

Attachments

• 235236526.jpg
    235236526.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 384

it might be less expensive to buy a power supply
it will certainly be less time consuming, especially if you include the time and effort already put in.

There is a multitude of different, incompatible but similar functioning ICs for that purpose so I wouldn't risk experimenting with other types to see which might work. The bold print on the IC is not normal so I would guess the PSU manufacturer is using 'house codes', their own part number even though it might really be a more generic IC inside. The cost of printing your own number on an IC when buying in bulk is negligible!

I would consider a new PSU unless you are prepared to do some extensive reverse-engineering to discover the schematic and working parameters of the existing part - even then you may not find a replacement unless you buy them in bulk.

Brian.

Many thanks to all of you!!! I will try to make a reverse engineering and if I will find a solution I will inform you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back