Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in layout result of MOS pseudo resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

I am trying to design a MOS pseudo resistor to use it as an average resistor for the CMFB ampliifer rather than using the big poly resistor, I am using the one shown in the schematc becture below.

schematic.PNG

for the test I am simulating I am simulating by a DC source a differential voltage to the resistor terminal, Note that GND pin is only needed for the layout purpose to connect the P-Wafer to the ground and has nothing to do with the circuit. The simulation setup and schematic result are shown below. As you see from the result, the resistor is quite good and linear for the entire differential region.

test_bench.PNG

schematic_result.png

Afterthen I did the layout with no LVS error as shown below

layout.PNG

Now the post layout simulation is something very diviated from the schematic one as shown below

layout_result.PNG

I wouls expect a change from layout but not as huge as this one,
I would appreciate your help in this manner
thanks

It almost looks too good in the schematic ... what do net8 and net10 look like in the two modalities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back