Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single and Polyphase Power Management IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

imranahmed

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please recommend me any IC for measuring Single and Three phase power measurements.

That is, MSP430F6779 and ADE7868 they are only Polyphase IC..

But I need IC work for both Single and Three Phase System.

Hi,

1) Did you read the datasheets? Are you sure the 3-phase ones can't be used for single phase?

2) You surely are free to use 3 x single phase ones and combine the data with software

Klaus

Yes I am sure and read that Polyphase IC not recommended for Single phase but it can use for 2 phase.

Hi,

Out of curiosity I tried to find out why AD7686 can not be used in single phase mode by going through the datasheet.
I could not find such informations.

Where did you find it?

Klaus

Hi,

Sorry, my fault. I also meant ADE7868.

Still I don´t find the information that it´s not possible to use it in single phase application.

Klaus

No problem.

I sent a email to "Analog Devices" for asking about single phase version of ADE7878.

ADE7878 is a latest version of ADE7868.

Please let me know that do you know how to interface with MCU?, I know, but I need some guidance.

ADE7878 is a latest version of ADE7868.
ADE7878 is not recommended for new designs, ADE7878A ist the recent type.

I agree with KlausST. You need a poly phase energy meter IC to support 3-phase measurement, there's no reason why it can't work for single phase as well.

Available interface is SPI or I2C.

Thank you for correction i.e ADE7878A.

Ok, but same family IC for single phase is available.
For single phase, we can use it.ADE7753

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back