Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design a system clock monitor in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo1234

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I approach to design a system clock monitor logic in verilog where same clock is used as reference in FPGA ?

Wait, you want to monitor a clock with ITSELF? Either I don't understand your question, or you're on a fool's errand. Maybe you need to restate what you are intending to do.

Wait, you want to monitor a clock with ITSELF? Either I don't understand your question, or you're on a fool's errand. Maybe you need to restate what you are intending to do.

So basically , lets just say there is a external clock generated via crystal oscillator which is also used by the FPGA chip as reference. Now is it possible to implement a monitoring logic ,in the same FPGA, to detect the failure of the external clock from crystal oscillator?

Yes, using an auxiliary clock, e.g. built-in FPGA RC oscillator.

Usually a clock monitor makes only sense if you have second clock you can switch to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back