Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Four band audio bargraph display, using IN-13 Nixie linear bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmitt trigger

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A couple of years ago, I stumbled upon an IN-9 Nixie linear display datasheet in Russian.

Some fellow members (Prairedog and Altaero) in this forum, helped me translate it and my curiosity was piqued.

I was able to obtain some IN-13 tubes on Ebay (they are longer and more linear) and after making some static displays, decided that it would be best if I made an audio VU display.
Almost simultaneously, I found the MSGEQ7 Seven Band Graphic Equalizer IC, and decided that it would be a better project.

I finally completed the project as shown in the video: https://youtu.be/5oLu2AATviQ

The core is a solid block from a Mesquite root, which is hard enough to be machined and provides a very unique and handsome look.
The video does not do proper justice how gorgeous this project actually looks in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.