Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running .elf file on ubuntu platform, Zynq Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipk11

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i am a newbie when it comes to embedded world.

I somehow managed to download a prebuilt image on the zynq snickerdoodle development board. It boots up in ubuntu 16.

I have generated a hello world program that prints Hello world from dolly on the console. I have chosen the platform as linux in the project properties.

How do i transfer this .elf file on the sd card? is it placed with the other contents of the image that is already present on the sd card? I used win 10 PC to transfer the image files to my sd card and develop the .elf file?

How do i run the .elf file?
Do i have to make any changes in the linux image?

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG
I have provided the tera term screenshot and the sd card contents....

Please help me!!

Hello,

you can transfer file by using "WinScp "application (it uses ssh connection to the Zynq board - which you used with TeraTerm). Here is link to their website:

https://winscp.net/eng/index.php

After you open connection to the board (Zynq) then you will be able to change target directory (you have to choose: /home/snick directory), and copy elf file to this directory.
Then run a program like you have been trying earlier, by using Linux shell.

Good Luck
and Regards

Thank you for replying...
I am not sure how to connect to the snickerdoodle via the SCP software.. What do I enter as the hostname and the port number?
Capture34.PNGCapture12.PNG
Please see the images and the connection I use in teraterm to connect to the snickerdoodle.

Hello,

sorry for answering with big delay. In field "Host name" you should give the same IP addres as in "Tera-Term" window (it was: 192.168.43.206). After copy elf file it could be necessary to change permissions of this file. You can do it by command: chmod - for example chmod 755 elffile.

Regards

Hi I am back after many days.
I had not used the hostname for the connection. I had selected the USB port where the Board was connected. I am still facing problem connecting to the board.
In field "Host name" you should give the same IP addres as in "Tera-Term" window (it was: 192.168.43.206).

Status
Not open for further replies.