Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enhancement of 2.4GHz rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighty123

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

The following rectifier is working on 2.4GHz band with input power equal to 60mW which is approx equal to 17.5 dbm.
the results and schematic are attached below.

My question is :

How can enhance the circuit so i can make it give the same result or close to it with lower input power as example (-10 to 0) dbm ?

My project is to turn on a led with the following ( 1.9v - 20mA - 105 ohm) by using RF Energy Harvesting (Rectenna) on 2.4GHz band

is this possible ? if yes what should i do ? if not is there any advices?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2.4GHz.png
    2.4GHz.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Results.png
    Results.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 109

What do you mean with "same result"? You can't achieve more than 100% rectifier efficiency. Assuming 2V LED + rectifier forward voltage for simplicity, LED current can't be higher than 0.5 mA at 0 dBm respectively 50 uA at -10 dBm. Still visible with good LED, but rather dim.

I got your point.
of course the power is fixed and i can not get the same result in lower inputs.
my idea was to make 2 different circuits, one with voltage multiplayer so i can get the desired voltage but in this case the current will be extremely low since i doubled the voltage.

the other circuit will be the other way around will amplify the current so the voltage will be extremely low but i don't know how to make this kind of amplifying in this low current level.

is there any kinds of circuit which can be made with components like voltage multiplayer but multiply current not voltage ( other than transistors/IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back