Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spectre RF Envelope Simulation for Wireless Transmitter with Switched-Cap Baseband

Status
Not open for further replies.

KostasRF

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm designing a wireless transmitter that consists of a DAC, a switched-cap baseband filter and a passive upconverter. I'm trying to simulate the spectral performance (ACLR and EVM) and produce constellation plots using QAM signals. The signals have been generated in MATLAB with RRC pulse shaping or come straight from the Rectangular QAM16 modulator block in rfLib with the RRC implemented in VerilogA.

Using a transient simply takes too long as the system has 3 distinct clock domains: the sampling rate of the digital signal, fdata, the clock of the switched cap filter, fs, and the frequency of the local oscillator driving the upconverter, LO. I was told that envelope following analysis was the way to go, but I don't know how to set it up in my case.

I have read all relevant workshops provided within SpectreRF but they only cover the simple case where you have 1 LO and the baseband frequency. How can I configure the simulator now that I basically have two large tones at fs and LO plus the DAC generating the baseband signal? (please note that both fs and LO are square-wave signals with 25% duty cycle)

Thank you in advance!

Simply do one tone(LO) envelope analysis.
fs and DAC output are treated as baseband signal.
That’s all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back