Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rectifier diodes with bypass cap´s & gounding speaker basket´s

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are happy putting snubbers across the 15Vac - then go for it ...

Thank´s betwixt and also Easy peasy, I accept your statement but compare it with people wearing sun glasses or a winter cap indoor and also galluses combined with belt - it´s not needed but they like to do it!

One big advantage with the Snubbers, is the removing of the parallel caps as those will pass AC through the rectifier diodes! And as they should not do any harm to the power supply, it make me calm in my mind.

I will see the two serial 15 - 0 - 15 VAC windings as one, so gonna connect that Snubber between 15 and 15.

Last edited:

power in snubber resistors is approx = C. Vpk^2 F for 15-0-15 Vpk ~ 42Vpk, F = 50/60 Hz, say C = 100nF, then power in R = 10mW for 60Hz, for any R up to 85k-ohms ( above this the R limits the power itself )

470nF gives 47mW, and so on ...

As I will use a 33nF 63V for the single 9 VAC winding, I think I´m gonna use a 47nF 630V for the dual 15 VAC windings!

Any thoughts about this?

Snubber windings.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back