Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ask impression 960 projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdccruz

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear sirs,

I recently purchased a Ask Impression 960. It is a very old projector from the beginning of digital projection. Its working mechanism is HDI lamp and direct TFT screen. He apparently is in great condition. It has no blown or blown capacitor, no blown fuse, and nothing to report any problems. But he doesn't care! Not even the lamp comes on!
I searched the internet and found a German forum, which spoke of a bridge on one of the three boards. But unfortunately, the forum no longer exists and does not provide the contacts of the people participating in it. Really, this bridge really seems to be broken in mine.
Does anyone know this type of bridge and could tell me how to test if this is what is preventing my projector from working?

Following is the link from the German forum that spoke about such a bridge: **broken link removed**

Below are photos of the bridge that Mr. Teflon spoke on the German forum and another photo of my bridge as it stands.

Mr. Teflon photo: http://imgur.com/rdr3fee
My board: http://imgur.com/bbmPZx4

Abs,

Raphael

Almost certainly this is a power supply problem. A "bridge" in a power supply usually refers to a "bridge rectifier" but they are extremely reliable and would be one of the last suspects for being faulty.
Before going any further, check the lamp is good, if it isn't the chances are the power supply will shut down automatically to protect itself.
Do you have a DVM or any test instruments?

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Yes, I have a DVM. What should I measure? About the lamp, yes, it is fine. I put a new one. It had none, but I put a HMI 575 as written on the projector case. Now if there is any protection mechanism, I do not know. There are three fuses in the device. One overall and two on two plates, but all three are perfect.

What should I check with DVM?

Yours sincerely,

Raphael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back