Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to fix Too many open files or Segmentation Fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuqi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here is my situation, while I run a simulation with Virtuoso IC6.1.7-b500.22, the virtuoso would suddenly quit by promoting error in terminal:

Error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: Error 23

QEventDispatcherUNIXPrivate(): Unable to create thread pipe: Too many open files in system

Segmentation Fault

I've tried to modified the linux ulimits, not work for me.
Could anyone encounter this problem? And is there some solutions to fix this? Or it's just limited by the hardware.
PS. My server's system is redhat 6.7, and the server is DELL R740.

Error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: Error 23

This indicates that the system you're trying to run on is very different (different version of the C library) from the one you're trying to run it on. Make sure that whatever software you've downloaded is for your system (RedHat 6.7, it seems?) and not generally for Linux/another version of RedHat.

I've tried to modified the linux ulimits, not work for me.

In general, earlier errors are more user-friendly than subsequent errors.

One single error often produces a cascade; usually the first reported error needs the greatest attention.

Sometimes if is often useful to see errors in linkers and warnings in compilers.

Just a general guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.