Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting QAM 16 constellation in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

KostasRF

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've been experimenting with envelope analysis in Cadence and would like to plot the constellation and EVM for a QAM 16 modulated signal. I used the rectangular 16QAM block from rfLib in my testbench.

In SpecteRF wireless envelope analysis, there is the option of printing the constellation and EVM directly, but the wireless analysis option doesn't apply to my case because I'm not using any of the standard wprobes and wsources for LTE or WiFi. However, the classic envelope results do not give me a constellation option.

I want to be able to print the constellation diagram in Cadence without going through Matlab.

Attachments

• Envlp results.PNG
    Envlp results.PNG
    42.6 KB · Views: 295

Use skill function in Cadence ViVA.
Simply x-y plot with sampling at appropriate time points.

Regarding EVM, calculate rms error value between output signal and reference signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.