Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Common mode choke DC circuit connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuirgham

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
During testing of my circuit, i had used common choke externally and there was reduction in EMI noise when measured using the analyzer.
So i decided to implement choke in my dc circuit to reduce the EMI Noise. NOw when implementing choke in my design, connections are as follows , given in the figure.

DC jack pins:
1- Hot supply
2- Return/Ground
3- Return/Ground(Pin NO 3 is short with pin NO 2 while DC Plug is not inserted, it becomes open when DC plug is inserted).

Part Number: L-KLS1-DC-005A-2.5

Pin No 5 of choke which is on Left hand side are connected to pin NO 2, which goes to adapter negative, Not to circuit ground.

Pin No 6 of choke which is on the Right-hand side of choke goes to circuit ground.
Part Number: 744290321

Note: I have connected Pin NO 3 of DC Jack to ground because when adapter is not inserted , CIrcuit componets are not left floating and connected to ground. As soon as You insert the adaptor, Pin No 3 opens up, and components connection go to adapter negative through Pin No 2.

Check the connections in the given figure and correct me if there are any changes w.r.t to common mode choke.

Attachments

• choke_cicrcuit.PNG
    choke_cicrcuit.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 161

by the polarity dots on your CMC, i see that it is connected correctly....it is connected such that the field from the one coil, will cancel the field from the other coil, concerning diff mode current.

Status
Not open for further replies.