Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

neoway n10 gsm module restart problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlee

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
we executing some code in neoway n10 gsm module. module get restarting randomly (example: i kept the module for testing for a 15 hours. in between module get restarted at 5 hours once, 2 hours once, 30 minutes once and 5 minutes once).
please anybody tell me how to fix this issue?

Hi,

Replace R15 with a 10uH inductance.

No, joke aside.
It's impossible for us to give help without knowing your circuit and software.

You need to debug the circuit:
(Two main reasons for your problem: power supply and software)
You need to verify that the power supply is stable and within specified values .... all the time.

Simple method to find out whether there is a software problem:
Replace your software with one that just toggles an output pin once after RESET. Then connect a scope or pulse counter to this output to detect whether the device unconditionally resets or not.

Klaus

Hi,

Replace R15 with a 10uH inductance.

No, joke aside.
It's impossible for us to give help without knowing your circuit and software.

You need to debug the circuit:
(Two main reasons for your problem: power supply and software)
You need to verify that the power supply is stable and within specified values .... all the time.

Simple method to find out whether there is a software problem:
Replace your software with one that just toggles an output pin once after RESET. Then connect a scope or pulse counter to this output to detect whether the device unconditionally resets or not.

Klaus

Hi klaus,

thank you for your response.

I replace the code with toggle an output, that time it is not restart at any point.

While running our application code it restarting at some point. I want to see device boot-up logs while its restarting.
Please let me can we able to check device boot-up logs or is there any debug UART port in N10?

Status
Not open for further replies.