Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing of a Digital to Analog converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prem Arjun

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I need some help in designing a DAC. To my understading aftre going through I drew this block diagram(attachement).
They are few questions I couldn't able to sort it out
1. How to decide the resolution of DAC?
2. I am thinking of using split array charge scaling architecture. Is it going to be better option considering layout area and Speed and accuracy?
3. Is resolution related to frequency?(Max of 50Mhz can be used in designing)
4. Do I need some additional circuitary in the block diagram?

Specs: vdd:1.8V,Vout min≥200mv;Vout max ≤1.6
Please let guide me.
Thank you.
Picture1.png

Hi. The resolution of the DAC should come with the specs. What should be the output step?
The resolution and frequency depend on the topology. Like most designs, if you choose a topology which allows high resolution like sigma-delta, it is expected to come at the expense of limited speed (frequency)
If I were you, I would choose a particular topology that satisfies my specs. After that you can search for a good available Master/PhD thesis document or a detailed journal paper and start your work based on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back