Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

components are stick together in pcb document

Status
Not open for further replies.

habib_arabahmadi

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I'm editing a pcb document in altium that has been designed by someone else. the problem is that some component are stick together and i can't move or rotate just one of them alone. what should i do?
thanks

not familiar with altium - taking a stab in the dark
since you're looking at a pcb:

if you have the schematic, check that each schematic component is represented by one component on the pcb

check that each component is actually one component and not a "special" component
actually consisting of two parts and created for some obscure undocumented reason
if this is the case, you may have to re-create both components

does it have components on both sides, and you're selecting a component on the top
and a component on the bottom at the same time?
if this is the case, adjust settings so you only select components on the top or the bottom
and not both.

I'm not an Altium user either but, I believe, the components that stick together are in a room. The original designer wanted to keep them together for some reason or another so they put them in a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back