Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Video transmitter for TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodzio_stawski

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I'm intensively looking for a specific device. As you know, there are devices called FM transmitters for use in old cars, in which there are still old radios without a USB interface. Such a device in a sense "impersonates" a radio channel, giving itself music on a given frequency, which can then be played on our old-fashioned radio.

So my question is: Is it possible to do a similar situation, but with video on our TV? I mean such a procedure, so that I can send from my computer through the radiowaves a video using such a video transmitter (together with sound, of course) in direction of my TV, on which we could find our image on some new channel (frequency)?

Of course, I mean only solution for home use and only for the purpose that I could play the same video at the same time on all receivers on which users will switch to the selected TV channel :)

Regards
Chris

Transmitting Digital TV Signal is not easy because it needs a IQ Digital Modulation and obtaining this IQ Digital Video Signal is not easy.
On the other hand, creating old fashion PAL/SECAM/NTSC Signal by using a computer is essentially possible but it's not easy too.For instance, a WebCAM digital signal must be synchronized and underrated to transform to standard video signal.I believe there are some softwares but no info.

Thanks for reply! What do you think of a slightly different idea, Sir. I saw on Aliexpress two interesting devices:

1) "MINI HDMI 2AV adapter"
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/4000042981081.html?src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&aff_platform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&&albagn=888888&albcp=6459808507&albag=76872920869&trgt=539263010115&crea=pl4000042981081&netw=u&device=c&gclid=CjwKCAiAws7uBRAkEiwAMlbZjrbSWKmuiV6atjkwGfYTRVmDa6TyOEIrfUPCIkr0jOd36pZbsSXA6hoCHzEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
2) SB-168 RF converter
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/seebst-AV-to-RF-Modulator-sb_51632944.html

Correct me if I think wrong, but... SB-168 looks like the best way to connect old input device (like PS2 game console or something like that) to an even older device, such as portable CRT TV, for example. SB-168 has red-white-yellow RCA plug (which could be great for PS2) and the old portable TVs have sometimes only an antenna socket (and SB-168 has already an own antenna socket as an output). Moreover, If I had an adapter named "MINI hdmi2av adapter", then I could try to connect PC to that portable TV.

I'm trying to imagine that image quality must be poor, but that's the"beauty" of analog signals :(

Yes, you can connect HDMI PC Output to CVBS Input of the TV by using MINI HDMI 2AV adapter.
If the TV set hasn't got CVBS Input, you will have to buy RF Modulator to connect thru aerial antenna..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back