Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me change a circuit into a vibration sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

david90

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how would u make this circuit into a vibration sensor?
**broken link removed**

When shake, i want it to activate a relay so would I need a microcontroller to detect teh voltage spikes from the vibration?

Re: vibration sensor

You can use the other half of the 358 opamp in comparator configuration with a potentiometer to adjust sensitivity. The output from this opamp can drive a transistor which will activate a relay.
Regards,
IanP

vibration sensor

for sensitivity, the output from the opamp goes into a voltage divider or pot and from the pot into the comparator? i'm not clear on the comparator circuit.

Because i'm going to put interface this circuit to my car alarm system, what can I do to reduce power consumption? The circuit requires 5v and -5v so it needs a regulator to go from 12v to 5 but won't that produces a lot of heat?

Re: vibration sensor

You can ffed this signal directly to "comparator" (+) input and put a potentiometer between supply lines and feed its output to the comparator's (-); this will not reduce the range from accelerometer-buffer circuit.
As far as supply is concerned you can create an arfificial ground by deviding 12V into +/-6V, (and then reducuing this voltage to +/-5 if necessary) and I am pretty sure that these circuits can easily handle +/-6V as well as +/-5V..
This can be done by another 358 opamp, where the (+) input is connected to 2 identical resistors deviding the supply voltage by 2, and the (-) input is connected to the opamps output - voltage follower.
Can you visualize these circuits?
Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back