Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Updating footprint in PCB window after being changed in PCB library

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_2

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I designed my board in Altium designer. After checking the DRC I had to change a clearance in my PCB library. Howeve after doing that, updating my schematic librar and schematic, there was nothing to update into PCB window( it means changing a size,clearance, ... in PCB library which nothing else (such as numbers of pins , ...) happens would not update PCB component in last design).

How can I update PCB foorprint in PCB window after changing the footprint in PCB library?

try deleting the part in the schematic, then adding it back from the updated library
that should bring in all new
you'll have to do some routing again, but only 1 part

Reactions: baby_2

baby_2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you so much, it is somehow time-consuming because in my project that I have used multi-channel structure is so complex to do this procedure.

Not sure what your problem is. Altium Designer has e.g. a function "update selected component from PCB library" under component actions. Can be performed for all design components at once.

Thank you for your comment, Yes I have checked but it doesn't work. I changed all of them by the mentioned way by wwfeldman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back