Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Assigning boundary and Lumped port to 3D spiral coils in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalinekavitha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i am trying to simulate the mutual inductance of 3D spiral coils for wireless power transfer application. While simulating the coil terminals with lumped port following warning occurs

"User Defined Primitive: End edge position:
User Defined Primitive: Point0: x = 10.2109956554404, y = 0.00127102124808265, z = 0.5
Adaptive solution setup, process hf3d: '1' conductors touch lumped port '1', typically a lumped port contains 2 conductors. Please verify conducting boundaries and objects are correctly assigned and touch the port. If a Radiation boundary touches the port and it is desired for use during the port solution, select 'Use Radiation Boundary on Ports' under the Advanced tab in the Solution Setup."

also not getting a defined output plot. How to give a fix to this issue?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 321

Assigning port and boundaries to 3D spiral coil in HFSS

Hi volker , thanks for your reply. Here i have assigned lumped port to all the 4 terminals of txer n rxer coil.
Can u make me clear how to assign port and boundaries between 2 terminals, type of material used for port ?

Re: Assigning port and boundaries to 3D spiral coil in HFSS

As I wrote: one lumped port for each coil, between the two ends of the wire, so that current can flow from the port through the coil.

Let me add: a port has + and - terminal. You have one TX port and one RX port.

Let me add: a port has + and - terminal. You have one TX port and one RX port.
Hi, i think defining + and - terminal can be defined using waveport. Currently am using modal solution setup and lumped port. its asking for integration line but not terminals. Let me make changes to give the fix.
thank you.

Re: Assigning port and boundaries to 3D spiral coil in HFSS

As I wrote: one lumped port for each coil, between the two ends of the wire, so that current can flow from the port through the coil.

hi volker, here i have defined port between two terminals. solution setup used is driven modal and excitation is lumped port. but still the error persist.

"[info] Adaptive solution setup, process hf3d: '1' conductors touch lumped port '1', typically a lumped port contains 2 conductors. Please verify conducting boundaries and objects are correctly assigned and touch the port. If a Radiation boundary touches the port and it is desired for use during the port solution, select 'Use Radiation Boundary on Ports' under the Advanced tab in the Solution Setup. (1:02:01 PM Nov 14, 2019)
[info] Adaptive solution setup, process hf3d: '1' conductors touch lumped port '2', typically a lumped port contains 2 conductors. Please verify conducting boundaries and objects are correctly assigned and touch the port. If a Radiation boundary touches the port and it is desired for use during the port solution, select 'Use Radiation Boundary on Ports' under the Advanced tab in the Solution Setup. (1:02:01 PM Nov 14, 2019)"

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 203

Re: Assigning port and boundaries to 3D spiral coil in HFSS/error fixed

Hi Volker, thanks for your suggestion. Here I have defined lumped port in between terminals as you said, and I have defined integration line between the terminals(conductors). Its working.. thank you.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 221

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back