Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220VAC Relay without DC adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungle

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Usually, an relay require a AC-DC adapter for its operation. It is quite verbose.
Therefore, I am looking for a 220VAC Relay which built-in 220AC to DC.
Could you please suggest me several compatible modules?
Thanks a lot!

Hi,

What are you talking about?
Really cinfusing.

* There are many relays working with 230V AC.
An AC/DC adapter is some kind of power supply, but a relay is an electrically operating switch. Totally different.

* If you want an AC/DC adapter then buy one. But surely you need some additional informations like output voltage, current, power...

* usually one chooses relay coil voltage according the controller that wants to switch ON/OFF the relay.

Klaus

Hi,

What are you talking about?
Really cinfusing.

Klaus

For example, this board require 5V for the input. It means that I need to setup a 5V adapter also. Therefore, it is quite verbose.
I want to find a board that it supports an built-in adapter to 5V or 12V (dependently). So that my solution is simpler.

Hi,

What is "this board"?

Klaus

I think they are asking for an equivalent PCB that has the 5V PSU on it as well. Basically a stand-alone AC powered WiFi relay.

Brian.

A module is just a file, one script is one module. There are many modules are available with a different features Core module, Python module and Webpack module.

Not sure what alexanealessia is on about.

I've been using Sonoff modules as self-powered WiFi switches for some time and they seem quite reliable. They switch the AC 'live' side from AC source to the output terminal and carry neutral through unswitched. With some track cutting it should be possible to isolate the relay contacts for other uses. They are very easy to reprogram as they use ESP8285 processors which are virtually identical to the common ESP8266 but with the program EEPROM on-chip. Pads for attaching a programmer unit are already on the PCB.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back