Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bldc motor phase power calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friend, I want to calculate the power driven by the motor while running.
Used :
- 1kw 3phase bldc motor and bldc controller
Now I am driving the motor using controller. The motor is running good.
Calculate:
For example say motor is running at 1000rpm. Battery voltage is 48v and consuming 3amp(DC).
Now I have to calculate the output power in phase ,in order to check how much watts the motor is consuming.
In motor phase how to check the AC current and voltage using dso. Because the multi meter will read for 50/60hz as AC.

Hi,

All the informations can be easily found in the internet. Did you try an internet search on your own?

You say "motor" and you say "output power"
The output power of a motor is the mechanical power. P = M x 2 × Pi x f
Where "f" is the RPS ( revolutions per second).

Power at the DC supply:
P = V_avg x I_avg

Three phase motor input power:
P = 3 × V(P-N_RMS) × I(P_RMS) x cos(phi)
P = phase
N = neutral

Klaus

output power in phase

Do you wish to see if you can detect whether current is in phase with voltage? Do you wish to adjust component values so as to reduce power factor error?

This requires that you compare voltage waveform from the supply, with current waveform through an ohmic resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.