Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Project archery aiming assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalep

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a problem and have an idea how to solve it but I don't know anything about electronics. I shoot Traditional archery and have developed what is called Target Panic or Performance anxiety. I have tried every remedy I have ever seen or heard about and nothing has worked for me. I have thought about a way to retrain my brain but do not know how to build the device I have in mind. First let me explain how my problem works. When I draw my bow back and try to focus on the spot I want hit I subconsciously release the string before I am ready. The only thing I have never seen is a visual trigger technique. So as a last resort I thought I would like to try this. I would like to have a devise built that would help me with this. What I have in mind is this : a small box housing two LEDs one Red and and one Green when turned on the Red would stay on for so many seconds and then the Red would come on as a trigger to release the string. I would like the Time the Red LED would stay on to be adjustable. The box would ideally about Two inches tall by one and one half inches wide and three eights to a half inch thick. To be attached to the bow by double sided tape.
If anyone is interested in helping me out with this project please let me know. I am thinking that this may be my last resort to solving my problem. Please Help ! 11/6/2019

dalep

Re: Small Project to solve Big Problem

Seems to me it would be a lot easier (cheaper/less hassle) to just count (either in your head or out loud). And train yourself to never release until the count expires.

I have no idea how releasing the bow string is subconscious. A long time ago I dabbled in archery and I always had to consciously release the bow string. Of course I wasn't all that good at archery as my eyesight isn't that good.

I think if you add this LED light show in front of you vision your problem will just get worse as now you will have another distraction taking your focus away from the draw and release.

I recall from my boyhood it's difficult to hold aim and release the arrow on-axis. Our tendency is to jerk the bow or the arrow at the moment of release, ruining our aim.

This is a simple delay circuit using a transistor, resistor and capacitor. The led lights 2 seconds after power-up. The principle might work for you.

led off at power-on 3V supply RC NPN delay 2 sec led on.png

I recall from my boyhood it's difficult to hold aim and release the arrow on-axis. Our tendency is to jerk the bow or the arrow at the moment of release, ruining our aim.

This is a simple delay circuit using a transistor, resistor and capacitor. The led lights 2 seconds after power-up. The principle might work for you.

View attachment 156394

Thanks I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back