Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic32 qei interrupts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhavik04

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am using PIC32MK1024MCF100 custom board. I was able to get QEI 1,2,3,4 working.
I want to use the same on Interrupts. I saw there are certain register u can set to generate interrupts and check certain registers to see if bit was set. But I don't know how to write the interrupt routine for the same(Like we open a driver for timer interrupt or usart interrupt). Please help with the interrupt routine what functions to call or how to open interrupt drivers or how to call the callback functions for such interrupts. Thankyou.

If u need any more details or something I haven't mentioned please let me know.Thanks for the help.

In general interupts are not used with QEI registers, but rather with Timers; we want to take the current position at fixed intervals and then calculate the speed or just check whether certain position were reached or not.

Which compiler are you using?
If it is XC32, then the User Guide will show you very clearly how to write an ISR.
If it is some other compiler then I a pretty certain that its User Guide (or similar document) will show how to write an ISR.
There is nothing special about any ISR in the PIC32 devices (possibly with the exception of the traps, but you can still handle them in much the same way).
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.