Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How power is conserved using tapped capacitor circuit ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

himanshul

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

I have recently came across a text of impedance transformation provided by a tapped capacitor arrangement.
Its a rare and unique text explaining the working of tapped capacitor network in terms of conservation of power.
figure 6.31a) is an untapped case when no tapped capacitor is used..fig 6.31b) uses a tapped capacitor network(C1&C2)

The law of power conservation states that..If the magnitude of the power of an individual component in a circuit increases to a certain amount then there should be some compensatory change by the same amount in power of another component to maintain the overall power of the circuit constant.

In case I IL and Vi is constant, in second figure with use of tapped cap. Vi and IL changes which decreases the output current Io and increases the output voltage Vo, hence the latter can be thought of as increase in impedance.

Case 1 Vi and IL constant and power is conserved, whereas in case 2 Vi changes , IL changes which results in increase in Vo and Io,

My query is:-what kind of compensatory change is produced or observed when Vo and Io changes with the use of tapped capacitors, hence increasing the load impedance???

Thanks!!

Reference text.png
Circuit figure.png

There is the concept of two capacitors creating a capacitive transformer. Could that be the principle at work here? It would be easier to grasp the explanation if we could see working schematics, where diagram A & B are not so dissimilar. Also where the applied signal is shown, as well as a load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back