Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to generate a sine waveform using a STM32 Nucleo-64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EltonBrasil

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I have a STM32F446 Nucleo-64 and I want to generate a sine waveform at 13.56 MHz. I would like to know if there is available code in which I can set the sine wave frequency.

Many thanks in advance.

You're going to have a pretty rough sinewave since the maximum sampling frequency you can have is 48MHz. (Not even sure if the onboard DAC can run at the frequency).

You're going to have a pretty rough sinewave since the maximum sampling frequency you can have is 48MHz. (Not even sure if the onboard DAC can run at the frequency).

I gotta. Well, a FPGA looks better for my application. Thanks much.

Sine wave, how? Generating a square wave and applying a low pass filter?

For 13.56 MHz, you need a suitable crystal that can generate the frequency by rational operations. Near to 13.56 MHz can be possibly achieved by unusual PLL programming, you can try out with the CubeMX tool.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even sure if the onboard DAC can run at the frequency
Definitely not, 1 MHz DAC small signal bandwidth.

Sine wave, how? Generating a square wave and applying a low pass filter?

For 13.56 MHz, you need a suitable crystal that can generate the frequency by rational operations. Near to 13.56 MHz can be possibly achieved by unusual PLL programming, you can try out with the CubeMX tool.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not, 1 MHz DAC small signal bandwidth.

You can also generate a sinewave with a lookup table and counter (DDS). You don't have to use rational functions. But that 1MHz DAC will be a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.