Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Negative timing checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun124

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

While doing GLS I observed there are $setuphold instead of $setup or $hold. Can anyone please explain me why we are taking $setuphold and how are we exactly interpets which violation is this (like setup or hold ) .What is the use of negative timing checks. Also while we are running GLS for MIN corner do we see setup violation ( because MIN is for hold right)

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

While doing GLS I observed there are $setuphold instead of $setup or $hold. Can anyone please explain me why we are taking $setuphold and how are we exactly interpets which violation is this (like setup or hold ) .What is the use of negative timing checks. Also while we are running GLS for MIN corner do we see setup violation ( because MIN is for hold right)

Thanks in advance

$setuphold is just verilog terminology for the timing check task. it can trigger for either reason. when it triggers, it will tell you which one was violated. just check the console/logs.

I am not used to min max convention. the terminology I use and see everyday is best worst. best is a problem for hold, worst is a problem for setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back