Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge Converter and Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

samEEEf

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to test my concept of full bridge converter (12v DC to 400v DC) by generating 50kHz signal from arduino/other MCU.

It will look like DC12vBatt--->H-Bridge---->FerriteTransformer(step up, say for example getting 400v)----->Rectifier-->Filter (400v DC)

Major challenges are in making H-Bridge circuit basically driving the Hi side MOSFET. Widely used High low side driver IC IF2110 can be used but diffivult to become successful. I saw a lot of post regarding the problem/challenge with high side driver. I also tried a lot but unable to become successful.

Now, I want to use readily available H-Bridge module to overcome the issue and proof the concept of making the converter first (12v dc to 400v DC). Then finally Inverter for getting 220v 50Hz AC from converter output of 400v DC.

I've found the following ready made H-bridge module which are namde as motor driver. My question is is there any difference between converter H-Bridge anf motor driver H-bridge?

https://www.robotshop.com/de/en/dual-h-bridge-dc-motor-controller.html
Dual H-Bridge DC Motor Controller
dual-h-bridge-dc-motor-controller-desc2.jpg

Schmetic is also available
https://www.robotshop.com/media/files/pdf/dual-h-bridge-dc-motor-controller-schematic.pdf

Hi,

I saw a lot of post regarding the problem/challenge with high side driver.
I don't agree.
It's like with every other electronic part: you need to read the datasheet and keep on the datasheet informations.
I never had any trouble with IR2110.

When you read the threads with the IR2110 problems you will see it's not the IR2110 that causes the problems.

Klaus

I've found the following ready made H-bridge module which are namde as motor driver. My question is is there any difference between converter H-Bridge anf motor driver H-bridge?
No difference except for the control pattern. You have to care for exactly symmetrical drive to avoid transformer saturation.

Hi,

I don't agree.
It's like with every other electronic part: you need to read the datasheet and keep on the datasheet informations.
I never had any trouble with IR2110.

When you read the threads with the IR2110 problems you will see it's not the IR2110 that causes the problems.

Klaus

I agree with you. But I want to go ahead skipping H-Bridge part for the time being.

- - - Updated - - -

No difference except for the control pattern. You have to care for exactly symmetrical drive to avoid transformer saturation.

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please elaborate it about symmetrical drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back