Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EPLAN: How to represent bundled connections of a cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre_luis

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have any tips on how to make a visual representation of a cable in a multiline diagram, bunching all the connections within a single line ( such as in Altium with the Bus Entry feature ), turning a bundle of wires into a one-wire representation) ?

Just to clarify, I mean that the standard way we have to represent a cable, is drawing the Cable Definition simbol across individual wires, as this:

Cabo_atual.png

But I wanted to do something like this:

Cabo_desejado.png

The problem I found with the current approach is that if I represent the connections of several devices at one page and if I want to connect them to another page, I have to send all the signals pin-to-pin, which would kill the intelligibility of the diagram.

I have asked to Eplan techincal support and they simply told that this is not a feature available in the tool. I could even got a paliative solution, by creating a device with a cable inside, inserting device pins at one side of the beam, and only one pin on the other side, as this:

Cabo_alternativo.png

However, from now the cable will be treated as a connection component, that is, in the connections report, the cable would no longer be "transparent", but generated tag for itself (ie, A would not be represented as connected to B anymore, as A→B, but rather: A→Cable and Cable→B).

Would anyone have any tip?

I'm using Eplan P8 Electric 2.8 in multiline view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back