Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts regarding MMIC LNA design usingKeysight Technolo Advanced Design System (ADS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

narayani

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am familiar with designing LNA using Microwave Integrated Circuit(MIC), I can design any band LNA using MIC technology using Keysight technology Advanced Design System (ADS) with no difficulties.

I would like to design different band LNA using MONOLITHIC MICROWAVE INTEGRATED CIRCUIT (MMIC) Technology. I do not know anything about design of LNA using MMIC technology. How to proceed it, how long it will take to learn LNA design MMIC technology using Advanced Design System. How to grow inductor, capacitor, resistor and transistor using MMIC technology. We can reduce size of LNA using MMIC technology, guide me to design LNA using MMIC with ADS software.

Please show link help document related to simple LNA design using MMIC technology in Keysight ADS.

However the design techniques are quite different but Fundamentals are almost same.
Here, in MMIC Passive Components are designed using with different metal and semiconductor layers.For instance, a very small thin film resistor can be placed in MIC but NiCr resistor or bulk resistor should be placed in MMIC.Semiconductor components are not discrete but they are embedded in the silicon substrate etc.
In order to achieve best practices on MMIC, the PDK which you will be involved within the design may give you insights about how to design because every PDK has its' own features and specifications.

can you show link to get help document regarding design of simple LNA using MMIC technology using ADS

Can you back to your university to attend the related classes? Then you should be able to learn this stuff within a year or so. With integrated circuit design, you need a much more detailed understanding of the device physics and technology.

Last edited:

At some universities this learning is a two year master degree process..
During centuries there is a long list of self-taught scientists (da Vinci, Edison, Tesla, Heaviside, etc.) but is very hard to catch them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back