Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How I can make use of the resources of only certain regions of the device in Vivado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar0182

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings ... tell you that a few days ago I translated a single verilog file to vhdl to add it to my vhdl project in Vivado 2017.3 which has the function of controlling the transmission and reception of data for a hotlink interface, apparently no problem in simulation , synthesis and implementation through a tcl scritp, but when testing it in the hardware I observe that the transmission speed dramatically reduces. I was suggested to analyze the design of the project implemented in the device and in this way verify that the design had changed with respect to a version that still used the verilog file, as shown in the attached image.

implemented_design.PNG

The truth is that I am new to the area of implementation and would like to know how I can make use of the resources of only certain regions of the device?

You can use pblocks. As a starter you can read over this document. Search for pblock to get some information on it, then you can look for it in some of the other documentation.

You might want to try searching for pblock using the Xilinx Document Navigator.

What is your goal?
It is normal that a implemented design changes between builds because placement relies on a random seed. If the source code, constraints or seed change, then the final result will be different to a previous build.
Are you assuming that because the implementation has changed your design no longer works? If your design uses fully synchronous design and is properly constrained, if the design meets timing then it should work every time. If it is not working, I suggest there is a problem with the code or lack of timing specs. Using pblocks may help only by masking the problem in specs or source code.

So, what exactly is the problem (pblocks are not usually the answer to anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back